Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tofu Scramble

On Easter morning I made my first tofu scramble.  It was dedicated to all the eggs being hunted, colored, and eaten that day and the chickens who laid them.  After one bite I couldn't believe I had waited this long for a tofu scramble!  It's so good and easy.  I didn't really follow a recipe, and haven't for the subsequent scrambles I've made since.  They all turn out great.  I tear my firm tofu (I've been using nigori tofu this week and enjoying it) into little chunks and toss it in a bowl with some nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and onion powder (and paprika if I'm feeling a little smokey goodness is in order).  Then I cut up and start sauteing whatever veggies I'm using (we like scrambles with all kinds of veggies) and once the veggies start to brown I toss in the tofu and let it brown slightly and warm through.
Some veggie combos we like:
*green onion and mushroom
*yellow onion, roasted red pepper, and smoked paprika
*zucchini, mushroom, yellow onion, and tomatoes (added after it's cooked)
*any veggies you have on hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment