Friday, July 30, 2010

Naked Baby Party!

I started a parent's group on MeetUp.com that has turned out really great.  I was talking to one of the other moms in the group and telling her that I had some clothes that might fit her daughter, then I realized that we probably all had clothes that would fit one of the other kids in the group.  So today I hosted a "Naked Baby" party, inspired by the Naked Lady party concept.  I put out a lovely vegan spread of lemon blueberry muffins, oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and pecans, hummus with homemade rosemary foccacia and celery, homegrown tomatoes brought by another mom, cherries, plums, and "candy" (that means dates in our house).

We all brought boxes of clothes and everyone went home with something.  The leftovers are going to be sold to a local consignment shop to help pay the dues for our MeetUp group.  Overall, a great success.

The best part was probably having a house full of babies and toddlers.  My little Violet is almost one and already such a social little hostess.  She was in her room with the other babies showing them her toys, playing with all the new stuff that was out, and munching on good food.

I recommend joining or starting a MeetUp group for any parent of a young child.  It's a great way for the babies to interact, but it's also such a good opportunity for parents to get out of the house and spend time with their kids AND spend time with adults.  We have a weekly hiking group, Taiga Trekkers, Monday music at the zoo, and outdoor play group, and various other MeetUps to welcome all different interests.

What a joy for my little social butterfly to get out and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. We had a nanny meetup group, but sadly it didn't have much success. I think it's awesome you're doing this because a good mom's group is so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete