Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vegan Burgers Two Ways


I saw a picture of cupcakes that looked like hamburgers and was inspired!  I must have looked through 20 or more images of this style of cupcake, each a little different, and I made a simple one just to try it out.
I added color to fondant for the cheese, used a vanilla cupcake recipe and made 6 cupcakes and then added melted chocolate to the rest of the batter and made 6 more chocolate cakes to make my burgers.  I experimented with frosting and coloring, but the coloring gave it a weird taste, so I opted for Wild Salmonberry Jam spread on each side of the vanilla cupcake.


The other burger is just tempeh marinated with BBQ sauce, then topped with sauteed mushrooms and fresh tomato on toast.  I also made sauteed collard greens and onion and carrot roasted "fries" with mustard maple glaze.

Who says vegans can't have great burgers?


1 comment: