Friday, November 16, 2012

Art Book AKA Violet's Book

My daughter began preschool this year, and we couldn't be happier with our choice.  It's one room, one teacher, ten kids, and totally free.  There are art and craft tables, dress up, a water table, and lots of large objects for imaginative play.  Violet, being such an artist, chooses to paint most days, and comes home with these paintings on a regular basis (sometimes with as many as 5).  It didn't take long for the fridge to get covered, so I started taping them to the cupboards, and then the car was full... and so on...

I wanted to save them, but obviously displaying this growing collection just wasn't possible.  So I came up with a better way.

Here's a dragon she painted, as if I needed to tell you

A little matching project we did this weekend.  
I got a 2 or 3 inch binder, and a large (200) pack of clear document covers.  I filled my binder up, and now I date and enter each project.  I even write on the name of her creation if it has one.  I add pictures that she does at home, and even our foam hand turkey projects got put in there.  She loves that it's HER book, the Violet Book.  I love that it takes up almost no room, is saved, and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment