Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nomvember is Coming

Nom nom nom nom -vember!
I might be obsessed with Nomvember.  I mean, the pumpkin.  The pumpkin.  There's PUMPKIN! 

I got pumpkin spice k-cups.  I have several cans of pumpkins.  I made some yummy healthy pumpkin breakfast bars.  I even got some pumpkin seeds. 

I realize October is standing between us, but I'll wait for Nomvember.  She's worth waiting for. 

What are you making out of pumpkins?  What are you making out of butternut squash?  Kale is in season.  I made chocolate kale chips yesterday.  

It's like I'm on a high brought on by the promise of cinnamon and spice and everything nice. 

I am going to make some roasted brussel sprouts with craisins.  I'm going to make stuffing.  I'm going smell like roasted garlic for a month. 

I'm going to make another pumple.  You know, an apple pie baked in a vanilla cake stacked on top of a pumpkin pie baked in a chocolate cake, coated in more buttercream than a village needs to survive the long Winter?  That.  I'm going to make that.  Except I've spent the entire year thinking of variations...  Cherry pie in chocolate cake with a walnut-y buttercream (black forest style).  Or pecan pie baked into chocolate spice cake.  That's the perfect Texas translation. 

Nomvember is a typo I made, but it is now what I'm calling all of Autumn.

Nomvember harvest, feast, cornucopia. 

Nomvember is love.

What are you making for Nomvember?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin! My wife and I were just looking over your blog and had a quick question. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks!

    - Cam

    ReplyDelete