Friday, October 10, 2014

Coconut Creamy Pumpkin Popsicles


I love the way my kids say words before they learn to fully pronounce them.  I got some of those SoDelicious Pumpkin Popsicles yesterday and all morning my 3 year old has been adorably begging for "more punkin posicles, please."

I have these great Zipzicle Ice Pop Molds, Clear, 12-Pack I ordered on Amazon (if you order through this link too, I think I'll get a fraction of a penny, and that would delight me).  Wanting something marginally healthy, without just pouring a smoothie into the things (that totally works and the kids love it), I got out a can of pumpkin, a can of coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.  Other than the guar gum in the brand of coconut milk I used, the ingredients were organic and pure.  One of my pet peeves is when a recipe calls for part of something that comes in a can- just use it all!  
I poured both full cans (shaking the coconut before opening it so the fatty goodness wouldn't be stuck to the edges) into my blender, the added about a Tablespoon or more of vanilla (I love it) and started shaking spice like it's fall and I'm obsessed.  I poured in some maple syrup and blended it and it tasted perfect.  If it didn't I would have added more maple syrup.  I could have used dates instead of maple syrup, but I wanted it to have that syrupy sweetness.
This could have been mixed in a bowl, but it's easier to fill the Zipzicles from the blender.  It filled 12 Zipsicles, but if I had snuck in hemp seeds and/or kale it would probably be more.

Now they are freezing and I'm wishing I was eating one instead of trying to write a blog post on my phone.  But I do it all for you- and my sweet punkins, particularly the one who still calls popsicles, "posicles."


No comments:

Post a Comment