Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Teriyaki Nori

All my baby wants in Teriyaki Nori.  I'm talking about little snack sheets of seasoned and toasted sea vegetables (seaweed).  Obviously, teriyaki nori is delicious, and a favorite snack of mine... But this is just crazy.  Violet goes to the cupboard where she knows the nori is and does her happy dance while pointing.  The happy dance is when she steps back and forth from one foot to the other.

As soon as I get out the container of nori, the dance takes on a new energy and she begins smiling and laughing.  This is her greatest pleasure.

I have been taking this snack to our playdates and it's been hilarious the way the teriyaki nori craze is spreading among the toddlers.  They all want the nori.  Kincaid wants the "fish."  It is like tasty vegan fish snacks.

A note on the vegan quality of this snack:  Most brands include bonito and shrimp, so it's important to read labels on this as with everything else.  There are also some with more sugar and sodium. While it's still a little high, it's actually not more than most crackers or other snacks I'd give to the baby, so it's okay by me.

I don't know what else to say about this, but it's just too funny not to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment