Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Food: Soy Yogurt

My daughter got her first yogurt today! I have been on the fence about giving yogurt, and I don't know why. I finally realized it's because of the warnings about not giving yogurt unless it is "Whole Milk Yogurt." Well, I just read my milk post, and I know that the whole milk thing is just about fat, so I decided to fatten up some soy yogurt.

Fatty Good Soy Yogurt for Baby

1/2 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon almond butter (she has shown no nut allergies, if you have nut allergies or worry about this with your baby, don't include it)
1 Tablespoon prune puree
1 Tablespoon flax meal

I stirred it all together really well and expected Violet to eat about half of it. She loved it and ate it all happily. I could tell she was getting full at the end, but that's the goal! This would be good with any sweet puree and I think I might make a date puree to add next time or maybe even a pea puree. What a great way to get so many nutrients!

No comments:

Post a Comment