Friday, March 19, 2010

Raw? Vegan Macaroons

I'm not 100% sure about the rules on RAW, so the chocolate chips I used might not qualify. If you know, feel free to correct me. I have seen raw vegan cookie recipes again and again and what I made was nothing original by any stretch, but I threw it together on the fly and was pleased with the results.

Tools:
Food processor
Mini ice cream scoop/ cookie scoop
Refrigeration

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup Tropical Source chocolate chips (or the ones you like, or carob)
1/2 cup sweetened coconut (I would have used unsweetened, but sweetened is what I had on hand)
1 large majool date, pitted

Blend all ingredients in food processor until it sticks together nicely. Scoop with cookie scoop onto plate or tupperware. I pushed down really hard into the scoop to get a packed ball. Without a scoop you would just have to roll them and that might now work as well. Now they are refrigerating to hold their shape better, but I tasted the mixture and it's just like a yummy chocolate macaroon on Passover.

No comments:

Post a Comment